Ideal for on-location photography, the Profoto B1X sets the benchmark once again for cordless, battery-powered monolights. And with both TTL and HSS available, you’re guaranteed the best light shaping experience possible on location, anywhere. It’s power in all the right places.
The B1X comes as a 500Ws version and is available in two different kits: the B1X To-Go Kit with a single head and the B1X Location Kit with two heads.
B1X Location Kit 500 AirTTL US The best-selling battery-powered TTL flash
Product number: 901027-US
The Profoto B1X off-camera flash is the successor of the award winning Profoto B1. The B1X is no stay-at-home flash; it’s for the adventurous photographer who likes to get out there on location in the real world. The portable B1X offers cordless, battery-powered freedom and flexibility. After all, there aren’t many wall sockets in the middle of a desert or half way up a mountain. B1X provides you with easy light-shaping wherever and whatever your location might be thanks to its dedicated system of lightweight OCF Light Shaping Tools that are designed for maximum mobility and ease of use.
It offers automatic TTL shooting that shines brightest in challenging lighting conditions. It offers HSS that enables you to control and shape light even in broad daylight. And it’s fast to set up so you’re free to explore and create stunning images. Let your imagination set the limits, not the length of your cables. The B1X gives you the power you need in all the right places.
- Shoot with AirTTL or manual mode and connect wirelessly with other AirTTL flashes.
- Cordless design and wireless controls allows you to shoot without any restraints.
- 10 times as powerful as the average speedlight, with 500Ws adjustable in 1/10 f-stop increments over a 9 f-stop power range.
- Quickly exchangeable and rechargeable Li-Ion battery provides up to 325 full-power flashes and tens of thousands at lowest power.
- Fires up to 20 flashes per second, with flash durations of up to 1/19,000s and fast recycling times of 0.05-1.9s.
- Control ambient light with HSS and create crisp images without motion blur at shutter speeds up to 1/8,000s.
- Can be wirelessly controlled from up to a 300 m range with any optional Air Remote
- Powerful and dimmable LED modeling light makes the set-up easy and can also be easily blended with natural light in low light situations.
- Delivers superior control and quality of light with its built-in reﬂector.
- Simple, intuitive user interface with large, high-resolution display.
- Compatible with our compact, lightweight OCF Light Shaping Tools and 120+ of Profoto’s wide range of light shapers.
- Product nameB1X 500 AirTTL
- Recommended forOn-location photography
- Popular applicationsPortrait, Wedding, Sports and Action
- Max energy500 Ws
- Energy range9 f-stops (2-500 Ws)
- Energy control increments1/10 or full f-stops
- Recycling time0.1-1.9 (Quick burst up to 20 flashes/second)
- Flash mode settingsFreeze (shortest flash duration) or Normal (color balanced) mode
- Flash duration t0.5Normal mode: 1/1,000 s (500 Ws) – 1/11,000 s (2 Ws)
Freeze mode: 1/1,000 s (500 Ws) – 1/19,000 s (2 Ws)
- Flash duration t0.1Normal mode: 1/400 s (500 Ws) – 1/6,000 s (2 Ws)
Freeze mode: 1/400 s (500 Ws) – 1/8,000 s (2 Ws)
- Energy stability±1/20 f-stop flash to flash
- Color temp stabilityNormal mode: ±150K over range; ±20K flash to flash
Freeze mode: ±800K over range; ±50K flash to flash
- F-stop @ 2m / 100 ISO45 2/10
- Selectable settingsOff, Proportional, Free (5-100%)
- Max power24W LED (Output equivalent to 130W Halogen)
- Operating rangeNormal sync and remote control up to 300 m (1000 ft). TTL and HSS up to 100 m (330 ft).
- USBYes, USB Mini port for FW upgrading
- Wire sync voltageCompliant to ISO 10330 standard
- Sync socket(s)1
- Wire sync connector3.5mm Mini-Phono
- Input power supplyExchangeable Lithium-Ion Battery 14.4V/3Ah
- Battery capacityUp to 325 full power flashes
- Fan coolingYes
- Ready signalsYes
- Auto dumpingYes
- Photocell/IR-slave and switchYes
- Digital displayHigh-resolution display with a superior, intuitive interface
- Width14cm (5.5″)
- Length31cm (12.2″)
- Height21cm (8.3″)
- Weight3 kg / 6.6 lbs (including batteries)